Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Super Saturday

Saturdays are generally quiet at Fashion Week.

But a group of students from Red Bank Regional High School helped give the day and Fashion Week in general a different perspective.

The students, a savvy bunch who are part of the school's fashion program, had been to shows held offsite during Fashion Week the last two years. But today, they were visiting THE tents. I found myself getting caught up in their excitement and seeing the scene with new eyes.

Sometimes we journalists can get a bit blase' about the whole thing - yes, we go to these shows and see beautiful people wearing beautiful things and we're surrounded by all sorts of interesting things. Yeah, the whole thing is pretty cool when you think about it.

But it's easy to get caught up in the grind of it all. Yes, as one of my colleagues once wearily told me, "Karyn, at the end of the day we're just talking about shirts and pants and dresses." But as jobs and beats go, it's not a bad way to go.

So thanks RBR students for helping me to remember to enjoy it all.

Side note on last night's Baby Phat show.

I did see Britney Spears at Baby Phat. But I did NOT see her boob pop out of her dress during the show as the NY Daily News reported. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I didn't see that.

Side note on what to wear Sunday.

While I'm not one of those who religiously trots out her designer duds to wear during Fashion Week, I have given careful consideration to what to wear tomorrow. And ... I've decided to throw caution to the wind - I'm wearing my Chicago Bears hoodie and I don't care what anyone says. I am a Chi-town gal after all. So there! If one of the fashionistas turns up their nose at my navy and orange ensemble, you'll be the first to know.

Go Bears!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh i saw teh baby phat show online it was awaful like hookor clothes

February 5, 2007 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home